Friday, January 3, 2014

The Gay Thing: Man Protests Gay Marriage in Utah by Fasting


Sorry that I haven't been a little more prolific on the blog of late. Still trying to get back into the swing of things after the holidays, and with the new exercise and diet regimen (my New Year's resolution). I'll try harder.

Meanwhile, I think I'll point and laugh at this guy. Yes, I understand that Utah is a little put out by the sudden legality of marriage equality for gay people in their state. But this is ridiculous.

[Excerpt]

Desperate Utahn Vows To Starve Self Until Gays Can No Longer Marry




Trestin Meacham, a 35-year-old unhinged whackjob former Constitution Party candidate for the Utah State Senate, says he is fasting to stop same-sex marriage in Utah. Meacham, who claims to have begun his fast on the day that U.S. District Judge Robert Shelby ruled Utah's marriage discrimination amendment unconstitutional, says he's lost 25 pounds so far. . .

Read more at: The Bilerico Project

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree that fasting doesn't get you a lot.
    In Gitmo, the prisoners there are supposedly fasting from time to time and they are some of the biggest prisoners around.
    But I do have to say that I totally disagree with the judge- he over turned the will of the State government and it's people.
    But one thing is to make the ruling but I think what gets me more upset is that he didn't allow time for an appeal by the States, something they usually allow. No one is hurt by the delay and heck, even though Nevada has the same constitutional amendment, you still got married and are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The will of the people is irrelevant if the people enacted an un-Constitutional amendment. As the judge saw it, that's what happened. Also: the state fell down on the job with the response to the ruling. I don't know if you followed the series of events, but it was something of a comedy of errors. And now they're trying to hire someone to take it from here. And they're looking to spend $2mil to fight it, which seems like a big waste of money now that over 1000 couples have married.

    As for me being happy, yes I am, thanks! But it's weird that I'm married back in Iowa (which worked out financially at the Avis counter), married if we drive over to California, or now up to Utah. But here at home? Not married, according to a state that solemnized Britney Spears' ill-fated 3-day marriage, and gave away a "millionaire" as a husband on a game show!

    The patchwork of laws from state to state isn't sustainable. What happened in Utah is probably going to happen here, and unless the anti-marriage equality forces win one and win one big--soon--it's going to sweep the country.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...